THE GOT* PROJECT
*GETTING ON TOGETHER TRAINING PROGRAMME
FEBRUARY 14th 2011 9.30 – 3.45
Special Functions Room, New Scotland Yard, 8–10 Broadway, Westminster SW1H OBG. T.020 7230 1212
Tube station: St James’s Park (50 yards)
Selected feedback to the Met raising awareness programme for community/school liaison officers:
(1) Overall training programme.
· The training provided was quite valuable in my opinion & highlighted the level of work required by all agencies including police to combat terrorism or terrorist activities.
· A very intensive and educational training input.
· First part of the day was ‘Punchy’ and easy to understand the topic.
· Well structured.
· Very useful day.
· The great speakers were very influential and informative.
· Well presented.
· Excellent presentation overall.
· Really good input from 3 teachers. Thank you.
· The topics discussed were relevant and enjoyable.
· Lots of information.
· Very enjoyable & engaging.
· Risks of who is vulnerable to radicalisation.
· Good knowledge base for multi faith schools.
· The DVD was very good. + point – nice and short and full of salient points for the kids. Plenty of examples for the audience to identify with and instill discussion.
· Brief History of radicalised Islam: Very informative.
· Explaining meaning of jihad in a way missed by media. Helped explain things and reasons for extremist ideology.
· Helped my understanding of Muslim culture.
· Ifty and Arshad case study brings out some very good points and discussions.
(4) Relevance to others
· In my opinion (the training) highlighted the level (of) work required by all agencies including police to combat terrorism or terrorist activities.
· I think everyone should do it as mandatory training to raise awareness.
· It is my belief that the GOT toolkit would be very useful and much needed in schools & further education establishments.