A) To raise awareness of issues around extremism and violent extremism in Cardiff/UK society and/or
B) To develop in participants the knowledge, understanding and confidence to deliver (elements of) the GOT Youth Programme so as to:
OBJECTIVES OF THE TRAINING: To facilitate -
1. Opportunities for young people and young adults to critically explore and rationalise their thoughts and feelings about all forms of extremism and radicalisation in today’s society – whatever the source, be it e.g. faith or politics.
2. Opportunities to explore and challenge their feelings and emotions – and those held by others – within a structured, safe and open environment.
3. Support for people who may be vulnerable to radicalisation.
4. Knowledge & awareness (for both trainer and young person) of where to seek help and guidance.
5. Development of a project which would act as a counter-narrative to extremism and/or radicalisation within Cardiff/their local area, whatever its form and wherever it occurs.